Friday, November 13, 2009

Hissyfits Hullabaloo Weekend Fun


My first official craft fair was a huge success! I had a great time meeting with local men and women who have some amazing talent and incredible drive! Wow, I have to admit that I was a bit intimidated walking up to the place to find my spot and set up. These crafters were so innovative and unique and their workmanship was superb! A girl next to me (Sew Cute) was selling custom carseat covers for infant/toddler seats. They were made with two types of fabric: minky and then a fun patterned fabric. They were so amazing and she was getting orders NON-STOP because she sold them at such a resonable price -- $30!!! I mean, who has ever heard of a carseat cover of that quality being only $30!


My table was packed the entire day, partly because of being located next to carseat cover lady, but also because I put out a bunch of $1 and $2 bins with bows and flower clips for the kids to choose from. It was a hit and brought in the customers!!! Overall, I brought in about $200 at the end of the day.

I think that the success at this craft fair has opened my mind to doing more in the future. I got my cards out there and have already been asked to do a custom watch band for someone who saw me there. I hope this is the kickstart that I needed after feeling so disheartened over the past 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me feedback, whether it's just to let me know you've been by, to let me know what you like, or even to tell me what I can improve upon! Any and all feedback is welcome!