Thursday, May 6, 2010

Messenger Diaper Bag


Oh my goodness, I can't believe I finally made one! I wanted to make one with my oldest DD, but didn't know how to sew. I wanted to with my second DD, knew how to sew, but lacked the confidence and drive. Now, this time around, I am a much better sewer and I have hit this crazy-mad burst of energy that I assume is due to the nesting stage of pregnancy (never got it with the other two, so I wouldn't know)!

Here is my fun, messenger style diaper bag! I couldn't find a pattern at JoAnn's or a tutorial online that gave me the functionality of a traditional diaper bag, but the look of a messenger bag that you can strap around your chest and fold over the flap to hide the mess! It was quite a long process (the patterns I used said it should take about 2 hours, but I took about 8!), but I think if I were to make another then it would be a lot easier the second time around.

I used waterproof material for the inside because we are notorious for spilling bottles and wipes and other wet and messy things inside the bag so I wanted easy clean-up.
The waterproof lining is the only fabric I had to buy for this project, and rest I had scraps lying around for.

I HEART it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me feedback, whether it's just to let me know you've been by, to let me know what you like, or even to tell me what I can improve upon! Any and all feedback is welcome!